• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Food-grade (35%) H202

Gormur

Bluelighter
I'd just like to get your guys' input on drinking food-grade (35 percent) hydrogen peroxide. I've read through many articles on this over the years but still haven't made a decision to try it

Im pretty sure they give this to animals to induce vomiting. Why are you compelled to drink it?

It's a bad idea. At 35% the strong oxidant properties of the peroxide will begin to be seen. Why people think that it's a good idea to drink it, I'll never understand.

Eat good, clean food, drink lots of water and exercise. That's all you need. You're talking about drinking moderately diluted rocket oxidant. Not highly dilute, but moderately.

I don't think you're supposed to drink it at 35%. I'm sure the food grade part refers to other impurities that may be present in stuff like hair bleach. I would dilute many times, to around < 3%.

Last edited:
food-grade H202 is used in oxygen therapy and drinking water - which is heavily diluted by the person drinking it

3% H202 you buy at your local market is NOT to be consumed as it induces vomitting and diarhea. This stuff is used as a general disinfectant/debriding agent

Here's a bit more about H202 from Wiki:

Therapeutic use
Hydrogen peroxide is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) as an antimicrobial agent, an oxidizing agent and for other purposes by the FDA.[29]

Hydrogen peroxide has been used as an antiseptic and anti-bacterial agent for many years due to its oxidizing effect. While its use has decreased in recent years with the popularity of readily available over the counter products, it is still used by many hospitals, doctors and dentists.

Like many oxidative antiseptics, hydrogen peroxide causes mild damage to tissue in open wounds, but it also is effective at rapidly stopping capillary bleeding (slow blood oozing from small vessels in abrasions), and is sometimes used sparingly for this purpose, as well as cleaning.
Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a toothpaste when mixed with correct quantities of baking soda and salt.[30]
Hydrogen peroxide and benzoyl peroxide are sometimes used to treat acne.[31]
Hydrogen peroxide is used as an emetic in veterinary practice.[32]

+

Safety
Regulations vary, but low concentrations, such as 3%, are widely available and legal to buy for medical use. Higher concentrations may be considered hazardous and are typically accompanied by a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). In high concentrations, hydrogen peroxide is an aggressive oxidizer and will corrode many materials, including human skin. In the presence of a reducing agent, high concentrations of H2O2 will react violently.

High-concentration hydrogen peroxide streams, typically above 40%, should be considered a D001 hazardous waste, due to concentrated hydrogen peroxide's meeting the definition of a DOT oxidizer, if released into the environment. The EPA Reportable Quantity (RQ) for D001 hazardous wastes is 100 pounds, or approximately ten gallons, of concentrated hydrogen peroxide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_peroxide

Jesus fucking christ. I happen to have some 35% food grade which I got a few months back for other things.

For the sake of mankind purposes I thought I'd give a little ingestion ago. I mixed about half a teaspoon with a litre of water, just to be ultra safe and.......IT TASTES FUCKING FOUL. Worse taste ever!

I hope you don't have any ailments gormur. Even if it cured death I wouldn't drink that erry day.

I've known quite a few people who do this and have recommended it to me. The whole oxygen therapy thing, I looked into it a bit a long time ago but don't recall the details honestly. I'd rather just eat healthy raw foods to get oxygen and life into my body, personally. But yeah, some of my friends swear it is awesome for healing.

I do want to get some food grade h202 to spray on my sprouts to prevent mold. Just haven't gotten around to buying any yet. I wish you could get it at the store, I can never find it and would have to order it online.

Seriously people, with all the good research behind the benefits of antioxidants, explain to me again why it would be a good idea to take a powerful oxidizing agent again? Seems counter productive, ya know? We're talking something with greater oxidation potential, gram per gram, than bleach. Seriously, the only way for this to not be harmful would be to dilute it to the point of not having any effect, in which case, why take it in the first place?

do these people with severe parasite infections you know live here in the states, and do they know how they acquired them?

Seriously people, with all the good research behind the benefits of antioxidants, explain to me again why it would be a good idea to take a powerful oxidizing agent again? Seems counter productive, ya know? We're talking something with greater oxidation potential, gram per gram, than bleach. Seriously, the only way for this to not be harmful would be to dilute it to the point of not having any effect, in which case, why take it in the first place?

Cause man, the oxygen and shit. The O in H2O2 is oxygen which is good for you. I don't see what you're not seeing here. Please show me how drinking oxygen is bad! That's what I thought.

<3;):D

the easiest pattern to follow is Nature. consume what the natural world produces. dont consume things that are new, given industrialized society and the advancements of modern technology. these are all experimental exploits. nothing will work better for your body than something that harmonizes with ~4million years of evolution.

so, you know, abstain from agriculture and animal husbandry while you die of an easily preventable disease.

^^we've been evolving with agriculture for about 30,000 years. In my eyes this is probably a good amount of time to adapt. I think species have the capacity to evolve at a much faster clip than previously thought. Some modern biologists agree.

Bleached blond brain cells

Cause man, the oxygen and shit. The O in H2O2 is oxygen which is good for you. I don't see what you're not seeing here. Please show me how drinking oxygen is bad! That's what I thought. ...

Well, the "O" in H2O is water, which will not kill you like high octane hydrogen peroxide can, thats what I'm seeing.H2O2 doesn't donate free O2. So why not drink water, unless your in Mexico. Given the choice of Mexican tap water or 35% H2O2, I'd take the water. They pickle wood with 35% H2O2. Look what just 3% can do to your hair, and visualize 35% internally.